Below you will find a brief description and link to the recent planning applications that the Parish Council have been asked to comment on. By clicking on the link provided you will be able to see all the relevant documentation relating to that specific application including the Parish Council’s response once it has been received by Colchester Borough Council.
Material Planning Considerations
Members of the public need to be aware that the Parish Council can only comment on plans based on the material planning considerations set by law. The following are issues which the Planning Committee can take into consideration in reaching a decision:
- Planning policy such as local and structure plans, other local planning policies, government guidance, case law, previous decisions of the Council.
- Design, appearance and layout.
- Impact on visual or residential amenity including potential loss of daylight or sunlight or overshadowing, loss of privacy, noise disturbance, smell or nuisance.
- Impact on trees, listed buildings or a conservation area.
- Highway safety and traffic.
- Health and safety.
- Crime and fear of crime.
- Economic impact.
The following are NOT relevant planning issues and the Planning Committee cannot take these issues into account in reaching a decision:
- Land ownership issues including private property rights, boundary or access disputes, restrictive covenants, rights of way, ancient rights to light.
- Effects on property values.
- Loss of private view.
- Identity of the applicant, their personality, or a developers motives.
- The possibility of a “better” site or “better” use.
- Anything covered by other types of legislation.
168 Rowhedge Rd, reference number 171308
33 Hillview Close, reference number 171051
28 Colne Rise, reference number 170766
17 Colne Rise, reference number 170541
107 Hillview Close, reference number 170455
4 Church Hill, reference number 170484
159 Rowhedge Road, reference number 170223
St Lawrence School, reference number 170040
1a Chapel Street reference number 163200
1a Chapel Street & 7 Head Street reference number 163199
Land West of Rowhedge Rd reference number 162716 REVISED DEADLINE IS 23rd DECEMBER…read this information please
Rowhedge Wharf reference number 162467
34 Regent Street reference number 162525
20 Regent Street reference number 162135
157 Rowhedge Rd reference number 161387
Rowhedge Heritage Trust Hut reference number 161460
11 Heath Rd reference number 160700
10 High Street reference number 161095
7 Regent Street reference number 160857
8 Rowhedge Rd reference number 160818
Post Office Stores 19 High Street reference number 160757
Rowhedge Wharf, reference number 160792
11 Heath Rd reference number 160700
Rowhedge Wharf reference number 160551
87 Rectory Road reference number 160548
Rowhedge Heritage Trust reference number 160381
20 High Street reference number 160391
20 High Street reference number 160390
6 Church Street reference number 160248
31 Hillview Close reference number 160250
Rowhedge Wharf reference number 152897
Cleavelands Farm reference number 152860
8 Head Street reference number 152776
6 Parkfield Street:reference number 152194
8 Head Street: reference number 152050
97 Hillview Close: reference number 151822
Infill plot between 23 & 25 Parkfield Street: reference number 151452
41 Rectory Rd: reference number 151204
115 Hillview Close: reference number 151203
Donyland House: reference number 151255
83 Hillview Close: reference number 150540
Rowhedge Business Park: reference number 150917
23-25 Parkfield Street: reference number 150819
Ramplings Site – Rowhedge Business Park: reference number 143704
Ramplings Site – Rowhedge Business Park: reference number 144677
Rowhedge Wharf Development: reference number 144693
Please click here to visit the Colchester Borough Council planning pages.